The people who attend Mimico Baptist Church reflect a wide range of faith backgrounds. And many of us have no church background at all.
But we share some basic beliefs.
- We believe that God is real, personal and involved in our lives on a daily basis.
- We believe that God’s identity and purpose are revealed most completely in the life, death and return to life of Jesus Christ, and we are committed to following Jesus Christ through the power of God’s Spirit in us.
- We believe that God has brought us together for a journey of faith — a journey aimed at a deepening knowledge of, and relationship with, God.
- We are a community that seeks healing and wholeness — in our own lives and in the world around us.
- We are a community committed to acceptance, accountability, honesty, openness, participation, co-operation and integrity.
We also believe that the Bible has been inspired by God, and is therefore (not surprisingly) useful for understanding our world and how we should live in it.