Rev. Jim Sanderson has been our pastor here
since December 1994. He came here with his wife Jennifer from Beachville (Pastor
Beachville Baptist) and First Baptist Church, Ingersoll (Associate Pastor). They have since been blessed with
three children all born in Mimico.
Jim gives a brief story of his life:
- Raised in Toronto and Oakville as the second oldest child in a family
with seven children.
- Sent to church by parents - came to faith in
Sunday school. (Lynbrook Gospel Chapel - Oakville)
- Began to deepen faith and pursue ministry
opportunities as a teenager. (Toronto)
- Was baptized in 1974 age 16 at Fallingbrook
Heights Baptist Church.
- Worked for a few years after high school (Greavette
boats in Gravenhurst and later at an architects firm in Toronto)
- Spent 4 years at Sheridan College preparing
for a career in commercial art. Graduated from 2 programs)
- God prepared me during this time for ministry
and gave me an desire to serve him.
- My first job after Art College was with Inter-Varsity
Christian fellowship as an artist and a community, college missionary. This was
for one year.
- For three years was the Executive Director of
TeenVision, a Toronto based ministry to young offenders and troubled youth.
- Enrolled 1986 at OTS for ministry training.
Graduated 1988 - MTS, 1989 - MDIV.(O.T.S Ont.Theological.Sem. now - Tyndale College and Seminary)
- Served Beachville Baptist and FBC Ingersoll 1989 - 1994.
- God has been very gracious; and looking back I
can sense very strongly the hand of God gently leading and guiding my life. My
family and I are excited to be in Mimico and love our community - we have
many wonderful friends here and we have become strongly involved in community
Contact me at